Grow rooms are a type of agriculture warehouse, usually used in the cannabis industry, that facilitates the indoor growth of plants. These facilities exist in various climates because they create a controlled environment optimal for plant growth.
If you’re interested in running a business that uses a grow room, you’ll need to invest in high-quality equipment to help your plants grow and thrive. Here are the top five types of grow room equipment you’ll benefit from.
5 Types of Beneficial Grow Room Equipment
Are you ready to have a successful grow room? Discover five of the best types of grow room equipment.
1. High-Quality LED Grow Lights
Plants can’t grow without the proper lighting, so you must invest in LED grow lights. LED grow lights are energy-efficient, long-lasting, and can be customized to provide the optimal light spectrum for different stages of plant growth. This can lead to higher yields and lower energy costs.
To determine how much light you’ll need for your grow room, you’ll have to calculate the space’s square footage. Measure the length and width of your grow room in feet, and multiply the two numbers to get the total square footage.
The unit of measurement for light intensity is called PAR (Photosynthetically Active Radiation) and is measured in micromoles per second per square meter (μmol/s/m²). To calculate the total amount of light needed, multiply the required PAR by the square footage of your grow room.
2. Climate Control System
Maintaining a consistent temperature, humidity, and CO2 level is crucial for plant growth. Automated climate control systems can help regulate these factors, freeing staff time and ensuring optimal growing conditions.
To control the strong smells in the air, you can incorporate a charcoal or carbon filter to eliminate the particles in the air. You can also install a fan muffler to assist with the loud sounds of the output exhaust and intake fans.
3. Irrigation Systems
Automated irrigation systems are crucial for ensuring plants get the right amount of water at the correct time. These systems also will save time and reduce the amount of manual labor required. The best irrigation system for your grow room depends on several factors, including the size of your space, the type of plants you’re growing, and your budget.
Some common types of irrigation systems used in grow rooms include:
- Drip irrigation – Delivers water directly to the plant’s root zone, minimizing waste and reducing the risk of overwatering. Drip irrigation systems can be automated, which saves time and ensures consistent watering.
- Ebb and flow irrigation – A hydroponic system that uses a flood tray to deliver water to the plants’ roots. The flood tray is filled with nutrient-rich water, and the water level can rise and fall, providing the plants with the water and nutrients they need. Ebb and flow irrigation is effective for large-scale grow rooms.
- Nutrient film technique (NFT) – A hydroponic system using a shallow tray that delivers a thin film of nutrient-rich water to the plants’ roots. The water flows continuously through the tray, giving the plants a constant supply of nutrients. NFT is effective for small-scale grow rooms.
- Aeroponic irrigation – A hydroponic system that delivers water and nutrients to the plants’ roots through a misting system. The misting system creates a fine spray of nutrient-rich water absorbed by the plants’ roots. Aeroponic irrigation is highly efficient and can produce high yields.
4. Nutrient Dosing Systems
Precisely measuring and delivering nutrients can be time-consuming and labor-intensive. Nutrient dosing systems can automate this process, ensuring plants get the exact nutrients they need to grow to their full potential.
An array of nutrient dosing systems is available on the market, each with its own advantages and disadvantages. For example, gravity-fed dosing systems are simple and inexpensive but may not be as precise as other dosing systems. Peristaltic pumps are highly accurate and reliable, but they can be expensive.
5. Conveyor Belts
If you want to reduce significantly the time it takes to load, unload, and maneuver equipment and plants throughout your growing room, conveyor belt systems are your answer. The use of conveyor belts not only saves a significant amount of time and increases efficiency, but also reduces the workload of employees, reducing the likelihood of workplace injuries.
The Rapid-Veyor system offers portable and modular conveyor belts that can be tailored to meet your specific requirements. Their ease of movement and storage and the ability to streamline tasks such as plant transportation within and outside your facility result in significant time and energy savings.
Invest in High-Quality Conveyor Belt Systems
Do you want to get more work done with fewer people, decrease costs and increase efficiency, productivity, and profitability? Rapid-Veyor is a great place to start.
If you’re a grow room owner or manager working to automate and streamline aspects of your business, contact the Rapid-Veyor team today. Our portable, modular conveyor belts are the perfect equipment to invest in without breaking your budget. Call 616-662-0954 to find out more.
Legal Disclaimer: The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making business, legal or other decisions.