Read on to discover why parcel handling is a top-notch application of warehouse conveyor systems and how RapidVeyor could help your business.
What Is Parcel Handling?
A parcel is a package or item being sent by mail. Parcel handling refers to the shipping and maneuvering of light (less than 100 pounds) objects in an envelope or box in the mailing system. While larger, heavier packages are placed on pallets or in crates, parcel items are loosely placed in mailing trucks.
The Benefits of Parcel Shipping and Handling
If you’re a small business owner, it’s beneficial to ship your inventory with parcel shipping. There are many reasons you’d want parcel shipping instead of LTL (less than truckload) freight, including:
- Ideal for shipping small individual packages
- Fast overnight shipments
- Convenient shipping from drop-off locations
- Delivery to residential addresses
Applications of Warehouse Conveyor Systems in Parcel Handling
With the rise of e-commerce fulfillment and small businesses in today’s world, the need for parcel handling has been significantly impacted. Parcel carriers must meet demands and rise to the challenge to succeed.
Parcel carriers need to be as efficient as possible. A conveyor system is one of the best tools they can implement to keep things organized and moving along quickly.
There are many benefits of conveyor belt systems for parcel handling, including:
- Less downtime
- Parcels are carefully handled to avoid damage
- Increased efficiency
- Fast shipping times
- High level of organization
High-Quality Conveyor Belt Systems
One of the best conveyor belt systems on the market is Rapid-Veyor. Our portable conveyor belt can work in various industry settings, including small businesses. If you’re wondering what sets Rapid-Veyor apart from other conveyor systems, here are some advantages:
- Portability – Not many conveyor belts are portable, but Rapid-Veyor is! It can be used indoors or outdoors and can be moved to various locations.
- Customizable – The Rapid-Veyor conveyor belt comes in 12.5 feet and 20 feet in length. You can also fully customize your system to fit a space that works best for you.
- Versatility – Rapid-Veyor can be used when loading trucks, sorting parcels, or transporting plants in a greenhouse. Our customers love how versatile our product is.
- Lightweight – If you’re looking for a conveyor system that’s easy to lift and move around compared to other large models on the market, look no further than Rapid-Veyor.
Don’t let your distribution center fall behind. Invest in versatile, convenient tools to help you succeed. If you need to streamline your parcel handling process, look no further than Rapid-Veyor.
Our conveyor belt system is a high-quality, cost-effective alternative to other forms of operational automation. Experience the difference for yourself, and contact our team to get one of your own.
The material and information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. You should not rely upon the material or information on the website as a basis for making business, legal or other decisions.